We believe that the Catholic Education our schools offer your child is profoundly strengthened by the collaborative relationship between home, school and parish.
Catholic schools would not exist without the outstanding dedication and contribution of parents.
‘Getting involved’ can mean different things to different people. There are countless volunteer opportunities for parents and families in Catholic schools.
Some ways in which parents can be involved may include:
- as a classroom helper with literacy/numeracy programs
- organizing, catering, or working at fundraising activities such as street stalls or car washes
- accompanying excursions
- assisting at athletics and swimming carnivals and other events that take place away from the school
- helping to chaperone at school dances
- organizing or assisting with a specific club or interest group eg chess club
- becoming a member of the School Committee
- participating in the school Parents and Friends Association
- covering books for the library
- sewing costumes or building sets for theatrical and musical productions
- working with the school band
- helping out with visual arts and crafts
- spending some time with a specific club or interest group
- volunteering to speak in the classroom if you have a field of expertise that you’d like to share
- working in the school canteen
- participating in working bees
- coaching a sporting team
For more information on how you can be involved in the life of your child’s school, please speak to your school Principal.